One of most important practices for followers of the Way is engaging with Scripture (or what we commonly call the Bible). If we want to know Jesus, we must learn His story and that story can be found in the Scriptures
Here you can find some good resources for understanding the overall story of the Scriptures
- Free Online Audio Bible
- Free Quick Outline I have written on the overall story of the Bible.
- Free Visual Memory Aid I created to help remember the overall storyline of the Bible.
- Free Online Basic Bible Classes at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
- The Bible Project (Free)– Short Animated Videos Summarizing the Books of the Bible
- Casket Empty – Book and Timelines to help you understand the overall Biblical narrative
- Reframe – 10 Videos and accompanying workbooks to help you understand the overall Biblical narrative so you have a framework for your own life and work in this modern world of ours.
- How to Read the Bible for All its Worth – Gordon Fee and Douglas Stewart
- How to Read the Bible Book by Book – Gordon Fee and Dougas Stewart
If you are looking for some more scholarly or in depth understandings of the Old and New Testaments of the Bible, I recommend books by NT Wright, Iain Provan, and Bruce Walke for starters. There are also many good audio Bible and Theology classes at Regent College. (You can search by category on Regent’s audio page.)
If you are looking for some resources on the Basics of the Christian faith, click here.